Cats sleep an average of 16 hours a day, which means they spend about two-thirds of their lives asleep! So why do these furry creatures sleep so much? Well, there are a few reasons. First, cats are predators and they need to rest between hunting sessions. Additionally, cats have a very fast metabolism, which means they need to sleep to help their bodies recover and repair. Finally, cats are simply lazy creatures that enjoy spending time napping!
But despite how much cats sleep, there are a few things you can do to ensure that your cat is getting enough rest. The following list details some common habits of over-sleeping cats and tips for helping these furry friends get the rest they need:
1) Provide Comfortable Beds - One of the best ways to help your cat get more rest is by providing her with a comfortable bed. This means buying a soft bed or cushion that's made from fabrics such as cotton or fur. You should also avoid using pillows, because they can be uncomfortable for cats and are often filled with synthetic materials that are difficult for them to sleep on.
2) Create a Routine - Cats need consistency in their lives, so it helps if you create a bedtime routine for your cat. This means turning off the lights and keeping noise levels low when it's time for sleep. Additionally, make sure that your cat has access to her bathroom before bed and that she gets a good amount of exercise during the day.
3) Create a Peaceful Environment - Cats are very sensitive to their surroundings, so it helps if you create a peaceful environment for them. This means keeping your cat's bedroom door closed and shutting off any televisions or other noisy devices in the room. You should also avoid having pets such as dogs sleep with your cat, since this can cause her stress and prevent her from getting enough rest.
4) Keep Your Cat Active at Night - It's important to keep your cat active at night, since this can help her get more rest. Playing with toys such as balls and wands in the bedroom can make it easier for your cat to sleep. Additionally, playing music may also help calm your cat down before bedtime.
5) Create a Relaxing Environment - Cats are sensitive to their surroundings, so it helps if you create a relaxing environment for them. This means keeping noise levels low and providing soft lighting in the bedroom at night. You should also avoid having your cat sleep in areas that are loud or dark, since this can cause stress and make it difficult for her to get enough rest.
6) Don't Wake Your Cat Up - It's important not to disturb your cat when she is sleeping, since this may cause her anxiety and prevent her from getting adequate rest. This means keeping the bedroom door closed so that no one disturbs her while she sleeps. Additionally, you should keep noise levels low and turn off any televisions or other devices that may disturb your cat while she is sleeping.
7) Give Cats Naps - One of the best ways to help cats get more rest is by providing them with naps throughout the day. This means having a cat bed in another room where your furry friend can take breaks from playing and relaxing during the day. However, it's important not to disturb cats when they are taking a nap, since this may cause anxiety and prevent them from getting adequate rest.